Sunday, September 18, 2011

PLEASE HELP THE ABANDONED DOGGIES AT LAKESHORE TRAILER PARK IN AR!

Huge THANK YOU to the following people: JACKI V (IN), KELLY A (MO), SUZETTE C (TN), LINDA D (MS), EMILY V (WI), CINDY & STEVE M (AR), JENNIFER H (TN), STEPHANIE F (CA), LISA P (MI), MORGAN F (IL), JOANNA W (VA), and LADA S (PA) for donating to the Chip In for these babies! Also included are: JOANNA G (MO), ANGIE H (AR- twice now!), JAIME P (WI), and SHARON R (MS) who donated funds and/or supplies (dog food, flea/tick, vaccinations, etc.). Please continue to spread the word! These fur-babies have nothing without us!



***********************************************************
THIS IS THE KROGER PUP BACK AT "HOME" TODAY...(ran across the Interstate after getting "hit" by a car- thankfully he seems to be ok)...read the story below! The neighbor said they call him "Fuzzy Butt"...

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE TAKE HIM IN! THEY WILL DUMP HIM AGAIN!

DESPERATE FOR HELP HERE! ARKANSAS (near West Memphis/ Marion). I went to this trailer park not far from my house to find a hurt doggy (long story...essentially someone dumped a dog at the Kroger Grocery Store in West Memphis and that poor baby waited at the front door basically in the middle of the parking lot for "his people" to come out. He watched every single person that came out of that store for over 20 min and then finally... they came out. I missed them getting in the car, but a lady helping me noticed the dog running as fast as he could chasing a car. They tore out of there so fast while he ran behind them. I was able to floor it to get right behind them, slamming on the horn screaming/begging for them to stop. They finally did at the stop sign, only to tell me it wasn't their dog- yeah right...followed your vehicle only out of EVERYONE there.


Anyway, they sped off again on the main street by the Interstate with the little guy running behind them and myself and several other people tried to catch him. Animal control (thank you Kristin) tried to help me and by the time I got back around to the other side o f the Interstate (one way streets), the animal control girl that I know saw him get clipped/hit by a man in a truck who didn't bother to stop despite her telling him to. The doggy ran away across the Interstate back toward his "home"- the people told me where they lived.) The look on this poor dog's face as he watched every single person come out of Kroger was just horrible- only to find out the POS's (sorry but I am being nice by calling them that) drove away as fast as they could while he ran as fast as he could to catch up...) I have never seen such heartless people in action before :(

Anyway, as I went riding around with my friend who lives in the same trailer park, I saw one desperate face after another. These are the only "strays" I was able to get pictures of, but I feel completely helpless. I have no room for any of these babies and they are all adoptable. Many are around 6 months old. This trailer park is known as a dumping ground for unwanted animals. The worst part is, they not only keep breeding, but this is considered "county" so NO ONE will help them (not West Memphis or Marion Animal Control). The girl with mange makes me so sad because she can be treated easily (one of my favorite fosters had absolutely no hair when we took him and he is living the high life now with my friend in St. Louis).








Winter is approaching and these babies don't have much of a chance. Hoping for a miracle here. I can literally pick up any of these babies as they are all friendly. All came running up to me for treats/bread just like typical puppies. So trusting of humans even though most in that area are horribly mean to them. I have NO WHERE for them to go :( If anyone can help rescue these babies, please email me at allieot98@yahoo.com or call 901-240-9848 (after 9/25/11). A heartbreaking day for me...I can't get their faces out of my mind.







This is Angel (one of the few with an actual name). The man that feeds her says she was purposefully run over about 6 months ago (broken front leg). She no longer uses that leg so it may not be "fixable" and may need to be amputated. She is a sweet and friendly girl.

These 2 puppies are around 5 months old. We are hoping to confirm rescue for them soon (the young ones have a ray of hope at least).
Here is the link to some more of their pictures: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150314017822200.363043.764752199



This precious girl here has mange (can be treated fairly inexpensively). She is just a puppy around 6 months old. I saw her in the middle of the street and she broke my heart. She is so sweet and acts like a typical puppy. You won't believe how gorgeous she will be in no time if we can find someone to take her in and raise the funds to treat her.

I will help as much as I can- I have crates someone can borrow and will figure out a way to help with food. I can try to have a fundraiser or something to help pay for anything if someone can just help these precious souls.

What Lakeshore desperately needs is a mobile spay/neuter clinic just to come there- SERIOUSLY. However it needs to be "free" because no one can pay for this. There are some very nice people there, but it is not the safest area overall. Many people just cannot afford the animals and so many keep getting dumped and breeding that someone would need to come in and spay/neuter for free in order to even make a dent sadly. Never ending battle at this trailer park. Need a spay/neuter grant...just for this area.



Here is the Chip-In we started (per everyone's request). Even $5.00 can make a difference in their lives. We are raising money for several things: 1) Gas to help with transport of some of the puppies to WI (any under 8 months of age or so may be rescued as early as this weekend if we can gather funds); 2) Medicine for the Mange-girl (Ivermectin, antibiotics, etc.); 3) Food for the remaining doggies (and the ones going to rescue if needed); 4) Funds to spay/neuter the remaining doggies until we can find rescue for them (at least the females who we know were just in heat); and 5) General medical for these babies as they will need heartworm preventative, flea/tick medicine, worming meds, etc. We would LOVE donations of food, heartworm preventative, flea/tick meds, etc. if you prefer. I can pick up anything in the general area and my sister, Kelly, can collect donations in St. Louis! Thank you so much!










2 comments:

  1. Alison- I just posted the chip in on my facebook page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing Lauren and Brian!

    ReplyDelete