Monday, October 10, 2011

TRAGIC NEWS FROM LAKESHORE...


We are just devasted by the news today that 3 of the Lakeshore Doggies have gone to Rainbow Bridge. My sis Kelly and I drove to Lakeshore to see how everyone was doing. We did not see the usual doggies out and about. Later on I received a call from a girl that lives there. She proceeded to inform me that her sweet doggy, Sally, was apparently run over by a car yesterday. She had wandered off and the gal went looking all over for her. Someone had hit her and left her...Sally was on the list to be spayed next week and her owner had asked for us to find her a home. RIP Regal Sally...



The face of an angel


My favorite photo of Sally- what a precious girl

Then there was this gorgeous gal. Bred to sell the puppies we are pretty sure. The "owner" would not let us rehome her. Pocket Pittie is what we called her because we did not know her name. She was found dead in someone's yard yesterday....possibly a victim of poisoning. This precious soul had 1 remaining puppy that she was still nursing. Senseless death. So sorry we could not help you.

So sorry we failed you too...


And finally, this is "Mama Dog" as we called her. This sad girl had puppies and her last puppy was "given away" the day I took these photos. A neighbor today told Kelly and me that the kids in the neighborhood would torment her and throw rocks at her. Her "owner" would not let us rehome her and now she is dead. Mama Dog apparently finally had enough and bit a child in the ankle so Animal Control was called. RIP...

At least now she can run free and be happy.


We are not posting this to make people feel bad. We desperately want to help the abandoned doggies of Lakeshore, however people need to realize the urgency of this situation. None of the babies are safe until they are physically removed from this area. Without funding AND foster homes/rescues, we cannot improve this situation so please share.

5 comments:

  1. This really hurts my heart. I will spread the word through West Memphis and Memphis about this blog. Hope that things begin to work out. It saddens me because I would feel devastated if something happened to my little man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kim for caring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for all these dogs and the people who are cruel to them :(. I especially grieve Sally as she seemed to have a future. You are doing good work, Allie. Don't despair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am just devasted allie...i am so very sorry - at least these dogs knew the love of my twin angels at the end...LOVE YOU BOTH SO VERY MUCH <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very, very SAD news! Poor Sally and "pocket Pittie".

    If only we could save them all!! I remember "pocket mama" following us to our vehicle that day...she knew!

    The sad truth is we can work to get it "cleaned out" and more and more doggies will continue to show up....FOSTER HOMES AND FUNDS ARE SO DESPERATELY NEEDED! I'm so working on it daily Allie. I realize it's hard in these times of financial need for everyone...but some day I'm going to stand at the "big yellow M" and hold out a can. I keep asking myself how that drive thru can be literally PACKED EVERYDAY and still doggies starving and dying..........somehow I can't wrap my head around that picture!

    I'll stop rambling now :P

    Good LUCK sweetie..I love you and Kelly for all you do for these dogs! Wish I could do MORE! Sharon

    ReplyDelete