Wednesday, February 2, 2011

MACK IS STILL MISSING...SOMEWHERE IN MEMPHIS


I am pretty devasted about Mack...he is STILL missing. Many of you already know his story, but I will briefly explain. Mack was in a foster home in Memphis near Marquette Park (Mt. Moriah/Alrose). He and another dog apparently got out of a hole in the fence when he was outside pottying back on DECEMBER 12th, 2010. The other dog came back but Mack did not.

What made the situation more devastating was the fact that his foster mom, whom I have known for years and trusted, did not tell me for at least 9 days that he was missing. I was completely dumbfounded and hurt to say the least. How on earth could I find a dog that was already missing for that long??? I know in my heart that I could have found this dog if I had been told immediately, but unfortunately I was not given the opportunity. Must move on....

From the time I found out, I have spent countless hours putting up signs and driving around in the area. People have called on and off, but either it wasn't the same dog or the dog was gone by the time I could drive over to Memphis. It has been very difficult to keep the signs up with the weather. Anyway, Mack is still missing. My heart aches when I think about how scared and lonely he must be. When the weather dips below freezing (which it has countless times), all I can think about is poor Mack and the other precious fur-souls that are living outside.

I am determined to remain positive. My hope is that someone has taken him in and just hasn't seen the signs yet or the posts on Craigslist, etc. I do not want to give up. Mack had lived on the streets before he was picked up as a stray in Arkansas, so hopefully he has experience "surviving".

Please take a minute to look at his picture and share with people in the Memphis area if you know someone. If anyone can help put up flyers, please let me know as I really need help. Call Allie at 901-240-9848 or email me at allieot98@yahoo.com if you see a dog that looks like Mack or if you can help in some way.

Distinguishing features: Small-medium sized (30-35 pounds); All Black; Gold Eyes (not brown, gold); Ears a bit smaller than a Lab; Hair a bit longer than a Lab (especially around his neck area). May have some Border Collie in him possible (very agile).

Mack with Julie (not the foster mom he stayed with when he got out)

Another face shot of Mack

No comments:

Post a Comment